Your Guide to iPod Weddings in Pittsburgh
If there has been one invention in the last 20 years that has totally changed the wedding DJ industry, it is certainly the iPod. The ability to carry days worth of music in your pocket is a total game changer. We’ve done a whole bunch of them now, and here are some tips to make your evening a success.
1. You need to rent a professional sound system for this night. Using a set of computer speakers (yes, we’ve seen this), or even trying to use your home theater receiver is not going to work. You need a system that can handle putting out a ton of power for the entire night. We might be a bit biased, but we can certainly guide you through this part of the reception. Give us a call at 412-315-8133, or just use the contact form link below.iPod Wedding Equipment Rental
2. Crossfading your iTunes playlist is critical. What in the world is crossfading? This is where when one song is finishing, the next song starts to play softly and slowly ramps up to get a seamless transition from song to song. Dead air is not something that keeps the party going. Once you get your playlist set up, you can have iTunes do all of the crossfading for you. We aren’t going to give instructions here, because Apple is always changing how things are done. A simple google search of “how to crossfade an itunes playlist” should give you the latest instructions.
3. People like to dance to songs that they know. Consider your reception audience when you plan your playlist. If a full on dance party is important to you, make sure that you are picking songs that are going to resonate with the people celebrating with you. In many cases, the bride and groom are too busy greeting their guests after dinner to have much time at all on the dance floor. Everyone wants to talk to the newlyweds!
4. There is an art to making a good wedding playlist. Think of a roller coaster when you are arranging your song order. You want to build things up slowly and then hit a peak, then come back down a bit, then build things up even higher, and back and forth for a while. Ease people out onto the dance floor and then keep them there by slowly turning up the heat. Before you know it, you’ll have 80 year olds out there shaking it to the Black Eyed Peas – and they will love it!
5. Have a backup plan. Make sure that you bring your iPod charging cable. Bring your laptop with the songs on that. Maybe have a friend bring another player with your playlist on it as well. This isn’t the time to take a chance on things!Contact Us for Rental Information