Top Ten Reasons To DJ Your Own Wedding
1. Control – Most people spend more than a year planning every last detail of their wedding. When it comes to the entertainment, they just turn it over to some DJ who they will never see again. This used to be the only option for a bride and groom. Today’s technology (iPods, laptops, etc) make the DJ an unnecessary expense.
2. Cost – Our customers tell us that our sound system rental packages generally save them between $750 and $1000. That’s a big chunk of money that could be used in other places!
3. Incorporate Your Unique Personality – Here’s a trade secret – most disc jockeys play the same basic set of songs at each and every wedding they do. They will occasionally add in the “latest top 40 hits”, but other than that, it is on autoplay. If you think that your DJ is going to spend time custom crafting the perfect playlist for your wedding, you are dreaming!
4. Songs like the Macarena Exist – You might say that you don’t want any of the cheesy “classic” wedding songs played, but when your 13 year old cousin starts to beg the DJ, they are going to give in and play the Chicken Dance or some other ridiculous song.
5. Language and Profanity Concerns – Perhaps you aren’t a big fan of the profanity in many of the popular songs today. In a cross generational setting like most weddings, the musical selections of a DJ can cause significant uncomfortable moments. When you set the playlist, you don’t need to worry about what is coming up next.
6. Remote locations – If you aren’t holding your rehearsal at a traditional venue, you will probably have trouble finding a DJ that can work in your location. Our battery powered PA systems coupled with an iPod can bring the music wherever you want to be.
7. Most DJ’s are terrible at what they do – To be fair, there are some good ones too, but becoming a DJ is what is known as a “low barrier to entry profession”. There aren’t classes that you need to attend to be a DJ. You just buy a few big speakers and some music and start calling yourself a professional disc jockey. Most DJs have little to no experience, and they will be training with your wedding and charging you a premium for the opportunity.
8. It’s Easier Than You Think – With our thorough and easy to understand instructions, you will be able to setup, operate and entertain your family and friends. You can even start calling yourself a “professional DJ” after you finish your event.
9. No One Ever Remembers a Wedding For A Good DJ – We’ve never met anyone who said, “boy that DJ was great, what a perfect wedding” – It just doesn’t happen. The reverse is true, unfortunately. I have several friends that had awful DJs at their wedding and that is all I remember about the night.
10. You Get The Support of Pittsburgh Sound Rental – We do more weddings than anyone else in the Pittsburgh region. You have full access to our staff and can call us at anytime for support. We provide you with our personal cell phone numbers so that any problem can be fixed immediately.
Need More Information or Ready To Rent? Call us at 412-315-8133 or contact us via email here!